Project Finance Analyst
Monitors and controls costs and schedules. Performs analyses and prepares reports to ensure that contracts are within negotiated parameters and government cost control guidelines. Prepares budgets and schedules and performs and/or assists in financial analyses such as variance analysis. Prepares program plans to ensure program requirements and statement of work are captured and scheduled. Performs schedule risk assessments to identify and mitigate program cost and scheduling risks.
(Duties and responsibilities which occupy a major portion of time and importance in the job. Incumbent(s) perform one or more of the following duties.)
1. Develops program plans and performance measurement reports which satisfy company and customer requirements for program status and cost collection. Develops work breakdown structures and assigns task codes.
2. Utilizes program planning systems to monitor performance. Identifies implication of schedule variances and suggests appropriate work-around recovery plans. Develops time phased expenditure plans.
3. Utilizes and adapts automated data collection and reporting systems and techniques to monitor program spending against the plan and current forecasts. Prepares variance analysis for assigned work packages. Identifies appropriate corrective action. Revises forecasts to reflect variances.
4. Analyzes program status and prepares data to provide up -to-date Estimates To Complete (ETC) and Estimates At Completion (EAC).
5. Analyzes historical program performance data to develop cost and schedule estimates in response to requests for proposal submissions. Prepares supporting data to be used in negotiations, audits and fact findings.
6. Forecasts program sales, income, cash flow, sign-ups, backlog, manpower and facilities requirements. Ensures the accurate compilation of program data into the business units forecast.
7. Plans for program resources such as office space, laboratory equipment, material, supplies, computing equipment, etc.
8. Analyzes and revises program EAC when changes occur in the company overhead and other burden rates, and report impact.
9 Participates on or contributes to process/quality improvement teams and/or inititatives. Identifies and recommends improvements to processes, practices or materials which lead to positive results in qualilty. Supports or implements performance driven changes in processes and procedures.
10. Performand other duties and responsibilities as required. Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education Required education: Bachelor Degree Preferred Skills and Education Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Power Point, Oracle, Hyperion About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top