Project Engineering Manager
Within BAE Systems, our Electronic Combat Systems (ECS) Engineering group is looking for a Project Engineering Manager to lead a 10-25 person engineering team in the planning, organization, and execution of the assigned Project(s). This person reports to an IPT Lead, PL, and/or senior PTL, and is responsible for executing the project(s) within the programmatic guidelines set by the program manager and customer. Defines, generates, and reviews project requirements documentation. Performs technical studies to refine project requirements. Monitors project to ensure work scope, schedule, and budget are well defined and maintained. Provides the coordination between resource managers/supervisors and ensures all necessary reviews and approvals are received.
This person will be responsible for transition-to-production and continued maturation of multiple complex, state-of-the-art microwave integrated assemblies. The efforts managed/led include:
- Define the engineering approach, organization, and plans to effectively and efficiently support product build and test.
- Recruit and retain Engineering staff; ensure staff has requisite skills and competencies to execute their assignments.
- Implement engineering metrics to measure completeness, quality and maturity of engineering products.
- Monitor First-Pass Test Yield on all products; drive design, process and test improvements to achieve >90% FPTY yield.
- Conduct failure/issue root cause and corrective action (RCCA) activities on design related issues.
- Define and execute product design and test related affordability and 6-sigma initiatives.
- Ensure engineering controlled products, processes, and test capabilities are appropriately documented and satisfy all requirements (Product and Process Verification (PPV)).
Bachelor's Degree and 15 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- BS in an engineering discipline and 15+ years related experience.
- Ability to obtain a Secret clearance.
- Working knowledge of EVMS and Control Account Management.
- Demonstrated team leadership (5+ person team).
- Working knowledge of cost estimation, project scheduling and critical path method.
- Working knowledge of technical risk management.
- Experience with supplier and subcontract technical management.
- Developing and making presentations that communicate and influence.
- Facilitate team building, collaboration and coordination.
- Working knowledge of project management basics.
- Understanding of engineering discipline processes.
- Experience working with Operations personnel.
- Transition to production experience.
- Microwave circuit and module design and test experience.
- Supplier technical management experience.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top