Project Engineering Manager
- Nashua, NH
Join the BAE Systems Electronic Combat Solutions (ECS) Team!
As the world leader in airborne EW systems and technology, BAE Systems Electronic Combat Solutions (ECS) has challenging and rewarding project technical leadership opportunities that are right for you! Engineers in ECS work on the world's most advanced electronics - including life-saving systems that protect the premier platforms of the US Air Force. In ECS, you'll be among the brightest minds, working on the aerospace and defense industry's most difficult problems. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too. We put our customers first - exemplified by our missions: "We Protect Those Who Protect Us®" and "We Innovate for Those Who Move the WorldTM. Come build your career with BAE Systems' Electronic Combat Solutions.
We are seeking an Engineering Leader with expertise in Model Based Engineering (MBE). Come lead the product development of new electronic warfare capabilities using Model Based Engineering. You will lead a multi-disciplinary engineering team charged to deliver and support critical mission capabilities.
Key Roles, Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Engineering focal point for all activity within the projects including strategic planning, bid and proposal support for engineering content, engineering strategy and integrated plans on programs, engineering staffing, issue reporting, and risk and opportunity management.
- Provide overall project technical leadership; plan, execute, and manage all engineering efforts within the project.
- Partner and collaborate with program managers, functional engineering managers, and factories to ensure program goals, requirements, and needs are understood and achieved.
- Monitor project plans and execution to ensure technical and work scope requirements, schedule, and budget are well defined and maintained.
- Ensure engineering efforts are planned and executed in accordance with company policies, procedures, processes, and best practices. Provide the coordination between the engineering team, functional managers, and Product Line Engineering Directors, to ensure all necessary reviews are conducted and approvals are received.
- Ensure project and product safety are managed in accordance with company policies, procedures, processes, and best practices.
Required Skills and Education
- Eligible for Secret Security clearance
- At least twelve years experience in engineering development of complex electronic systems and the transition to manufacturing
- Experience leading organizational change and the transition to Model Based Engineering product development
- Experience leading complex product development projects using model based development processes
- Expertise in Model Based Engineering processes and tools with the ability to train and develop others
- Experience leading diverse multi-disciplinary teams in the solution of complex technical problems
- Project engineering management including organizational design, planning, estimating, design management, and product verification
- Strong team building skills that enable collaboration and coordination within and across teams and functions
- Experience introducing automation into development and test to increase quality and lower costs
- Experience introducing new processes including model based engineering to address project complexity
- Experience using Design to Cost (DTC) methods; leading to technical solutions that meet affordability and producibility requirements
- Active Secret Security clearance
- Eligible for Top Secret Security clearance
- Earned Value Management System and Control Account Management
- Certified Six Sigma Black Belt
- Experience with AS9145 and the requirements for Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP)
- Project Management Professional certification (PMP)
- Masters degree in engineering or science (MS)
- Masters degree in business (MBA)
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top