Project Anst II
BAE Systems Inc. is looking for a project coordinator/analyst to join our team for an exciting opportunity supporting shore-based Air Traffic Control systems, to include the civil Instrument Landing System and shore-based Instrument Carrier Landing System. The selected candidate will be part of a dynamic team providing project coordination and analyst services in support of the Customer's Air Traffic Control Systems. Qualified candidates will:
- Support the project manager in performing administrative tasks across the Project Management processes of organizing, integrating, planning, managing & controlling, developing and completing projects. These tasks may include opening and closing project assignment sheets, contributing to the creation of work breakdown structures, tracking expenditures and procurements, and creating milestone based schedules.
- Support the project manager with customer engagement, program performance, and delivery for Air Traffic Control Systems.
- Track project progress to financial, schedule, technical and/or new business performance objectives.
- Work within Microsoft Project to create schedules that include resource loading and dependencies between subprojects.
- Control the schedule and work with the project manager to expedite operations that delay schedules, alter schedules to meet unforeseen conditions, and devise "what if" scheduling scenarios based on potential new and growth work.
- Identify and track potential project risks and discuss with project manager to determine possible outcomes and solutions.
- Interface and coordinate project objectives and schedule with customers, suppliers, and the team.
- Provide support in arranging installation site visits, distribute deliverables, facilitate documentation gathering, and support communication between various stakeholders.
- Maintain continuous communication with customers, Government Project Managers and BAE Systems Project Team.
- Attend meetings with the team and/or customer to identify and distribute action items.
BAE Systems wants people who are self-starters and who have experience with working in small teams.
This position is located in scenic and historic Southern Maryland in the St. Mary's County Technology Corridor adjacent to the Patuxent River Naval Air Station. Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Applicants must be currently residing in or state willingness to relocate self to St. Mary's County, Maryland or surrounding areas.
Please be sure to address all requirements of posted requisition in resume. Only resumes that include all requirements will be considered.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top