Project Analyst (Financial Analyst)
BAE Systems is seeking a Project Analyst I with exceptional analytic skills to join its operations and program management teams. The successful candidate must possess strong financial analysis and problem solving skills, be detail-oriented and able to prioritize and manage numerous ongoing tasks.
This position requires extensive use of Microsoft Excel and an advanced understanding of Excel functions, formulas, what-if analysis, macros, graphs and pivot tables. In addition, this position will require extensive communication and coordination among program team members, customers and internal functional support areas, thus strong written and verbal communication skills are essential.
Required software skills include advanced understanding of Microsoft Excel, proficiency in other Microsoft Office applications (such as PowerPoint, Word, etc.), and the ability to learn numerous corporate and customer specific business, financial, and database applications used for various business activities.
Duties of this position include:
- Provides tracking, analysis, and reporting of projects of varying contract type, size and complexity. The Project Analyst must have the ability to work independently but in a cross-functional team environment
- Utilizes strong communication skills to interface with PMO team and others including, Project Managers, technical staff, subcontractors and customers in support of Program Management Office activities
- Supports project execution by performing financial analysis and other program support related to the technical and business resources needed to achieve program objectives; includes pre- and post-award project activities from inception through closeout
- Monitors, controls and reports on the status of programs, projects and operation budgets; prepares status reports and other program finance and administrative analysis and reporting
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education · Associate’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related program with min. 2 years’ experience
- Outstanding financial analysis and problem solving skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, with advanced experience of Microsoft Excel
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and handle sensitive information with discretion
- Ability to learn multiple corporate and customer specific business, financial, and database applications used for various business activities
- Ability to create/ adapt software templates, tools, and other program assets to meet operational and programmatic needs in a changing environment; Preferred Skills and Education
- Knowledge of project planning, budgeting, forecasting, reconciliation, etc.
- Knowledge of corporate finance/ project-based cost structure
- Knowledge and understanding of various common contract types
- Technical skill-base (such as basic programming, database creation and query, or VBA/Excel) that would support customized database queries or ad-hoc reporting, and other automation of data analysis, manipulation and presentation
- Familiarity with Purchasing/ Subcontractor Procurement
- Experience with Property Management
- Experience with Government Contracts and Audits
- Ability to recognize opportunities for process improvement, and recommend/ implement departmental changes to optimize performance About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel. EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top