- Fort Worth, TX
Develop, coordinate, baseline, and maintain plans and schedules in support of proposals and programs. Programs may include development, production, and/or sustainment scope. Contract types may be firm fixed-price, cost-plus, and/or time and material. Develop critical path analysis and manage stakeholders to mitigate schedule risk. Formulates and implements corrective actions relating to schedule revisions, manpower adjustments, funding, and tasking. Develop resource-loaded schedules and implement Earned Value Measurement System techniques on major programs. Support program office in preparation for, during, and as a follow-up to major program Phase Reviews. Interface with customers to ensure alignment with program expectations and compliant submissions of Integrated Master Schedule data item deliverables. Analyze and communicate schedule risk analysis on complex programs; both in the proposal and program execution phases. Provide schedule risk analysis and proposal content in support of competitive proposals where managing schedule risk is a customer decision-making criteria. In cooperation with program manager, lead risk and opportunity management on complex programs.
Support Program Managers on an as-needed basis to lead proposal development activities. Tasks include developing proposal schedules, coordinating and leading proposal meetings, and ensuring that cost account managers complete assigned tasks in support for overall proposal submittal. Chairs Risk and Opportunity Management meetings on behalf of the program manager. Maintains Risk and Opportunity matrix and closure plans. Perform Market Research and organize responses to Sources Sought solicitations.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Thorough knowledge and familiarity with Microsoft Project and other master planning tools to develop Gantt charts, PERT charts, milestone charts, and earned value measurement techniques.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office computer applications (Word, Excel, and Powerpoint).
- Technical aptitude and ability to understand complex products and programs along with BAE Systems value proposition.
- Strong organization and project management skills
- Risk and Opportunity Management
- Enthusiasm to work in a team environment at the same time comfortable with direct supervision and other team members being located in other geographic locations.
- Aptitude to engage and understand the system view of how elements of a program fit together and add value to the program team and customers.
- Can-do attitude and open to stretch responsibilities and goals (i.e. we're all on this together).
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor of Science Degree
- Familiarity and experience with DCMA 14 Point Schedule Assessment methods.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top