BAE Systems in Annapolis Junction, MD is seeking an entry level technical candidate for an hourly, temporary, on-call position. This position does not include benefits.
The selected candidate will be submitted for a security clearance and will be hired full-time upon successful granting of that clearance.
To be eligible the candidate must have completed a 4-year degree in a technical field such as Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or others.
While processing their clearance, the staff member will support software development for multiple projects selected to demonstrate technical concepts and explore potential solutions for our customers. They will have the opportunity to develop technical skills and expand their industry knowledge across a broad range of projects and tasks. They will be active in task planning and execution, staff meetings, customer meetings (as appropriate), and technical discussions.
The staff will gain experience in one or more of the following areas:
- C++ / Java / PLSQL programming
- Python prototypes
- Designing and building models
- Preparing software builds and associated paperwork
- Software unit testing
- Systems level testing
- Assisting in the maintenance of software schedules
- Assisting with Configuration Management activities
- Updating / auditing of software & systems administration processes
In addition to on-the-job training, this entry level opportunity offers:
- Competitive Pay: Earn a competitive hourly wage, working full-time (Monday-Friday, 40 hours/week).
- Opportunity for Future Employment: Candidates are positioned for programs requiring clearances and are expected to transition to the program when their clearance is granted.
- Challenging & Meaningful Work: Your work will be challenging and impactful with on-the-job training and the opportunity to complete meaningful projects.
- Networking and Development Opportunities: You will have the opportunity to build long-lasting relationships as you participate in projects, presentations, and other networking and development events.
- Completed 4-year technical degree program
- Unix or Linux / Windows experience
- Understanding of the software development process
- Experience with scripting languages (such as Python) and compiled languages (such as Java or C++)
- Full stack web development
- Python/Java/C++ or other object oriented program design and development
- Database experience with SQL and no-SQL
- Agile software development
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top