The Programmer Analyst will be supporting the Logistics Data System (LDS) for BAE Systems in Mechanicsburg, PA. LDS is a software system used by the US Navy to manage logistics and maintenance processes for the hull, ordnance, and electrical (HO&E) systems of TRIDENT submarines. This position will assist in building the business rules that govern the functionality and operation of the system.
Duties will include reviewing documentation and source code for web and UNIX applications within LDS and formulating a set of design specifications and business rules to be applied in the system, testing developed programs, and working with LDS customers to solve problems. The ability to understand supply systems terminology and maintenance terminology for the US Navy is critical. Additional duties include support for project planning and software engineering full life cycle management.
The selected applicant will work in Mechanicsburg, PA, and be subject to a government security investigation. There is no relocation assistance available. If relocation is required, the selected candidate must be willing to relocate at his/her own expense.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education
- High School plus at least 6 years of related work experience, or an Associate’s degree plus at least 2 years of related work experience, or a Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance (US Citizenship required).
- Ability to gather and translate user requirements into automated solutions, and analyze complex business requirements.
- Formulate detailed specifications for software engineering process.
- Willingness to study and learn business operations of a complex logistics software enterprise.
- Experience with and knowledge of software testing methodologies.
- Ability to work on a team of functional analysts to support enterprise-wide objectives.
- Ability to work with software engineers to incorporate user requirements into delivered software products.
- Aptitude for technical writing.
- Strong communication and problem solving skills.
- Ability to extract data and insert data into a relational database management system for the intent of establishing test data.
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored, or accessed.
Preferred Skills and Education
- US Navy submarine logistics knowledge and/or awareness of TRIDENT submarine logistics operations.
- Exposure to programming development environments.
- Familiarity with Oracle database management system.
- Ability to read and understand database entity relationship diagrams.
- UNIX experience; using basic UNIX file commands.
- Ability to read COBOL.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Information Solutions, based in Reston, Virginia, is among the 10 largest IT providers to the U.S. government, serving most of the federal defense and civilian marketplace. It provides network-centric command, control, computing, and intelligence (C3I) solutions; wideband networking radio systems; information systems for the U.S. intelligence community; geospatial information services; and information technology services. Leveraging its knowledge of signals and data derived from signals, Information Solutions has attained a market-leading position in advanced information technology research, intelligence analysis and production, and geospatial exploitation software. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top