Program Support Specialist
BAE Systems is seeking a well-rounded and experienced Program Specialist to support multiple Program Management Offices (PMOs) at the Air Force Research Lab (AFRL) in Rome, NY. The successful candidate must possess strong problem solving and financial analysis skills, be detail-oriented and able to prioritize and manage numerous ongoing tasks.
This position requires extensive use of Microsoft Excel and advanced understanding of Excel functions, formulas, what-if analysis, macros, graphs and pivot tables. In addition, this position entails extensive communication and coordination among program team members, PMO customers and internal functional support areas, thus strong written and verbal communication skills are essential.
Other required skills include proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (such as PowerPoint, Word, etc.), and the ability to learn numerous corporate and customer specific business, financial, and database applications used for various business activities. Candidate must be comfortable working independently in a cross-functional team environment.
Duties of this position include:
- Providing / coordinating various planning, monitoring, and control tasks for the Operations' programs, including finance tracking, security database management, coordination and tracking of government approvals for accesses, and general administration
- Serving as a liaison between Government PMs, program teams, and other functions supporting the programs; interfacing with BAE Systems PMO, customers and subcontractors in support of Government Program Management Office activities
- Supporting project execution planning by performing financial analysis and other program support related to the technical and business resources needed to achieve program objectives; includes pre- and post-award project activities from inception through closeout, including tracking contract deliverables and managing contract documentation
- Monitoring, controlling and reporting on the status of programs, projects and operation budgets; prepares/ coordinates status reports
- Conducting a variety of analysis to monitor programmatic health, assessing issues and developing resolutions to improve processes and meet program and branch level goals and objectives
- Providing program administrative/ financial leadership and guidance to Program Management Office, including financial queries to determine status of funds and expenditures
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Demonstrated experience in recognizing opportunities for process improvement, and recommending/ implementing changes to optimize performance
- Demonstrated experience in creating or adapting software templates, tools, and other program assets to meet operational and programmatic needs in a changing environment
- Outstanding financial analysis and problem solving skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, with advanced experience of Microsoft Excel
- Sound judgment and the proven experience in handling sensitive information with discretion
- Knowledge of project planning and project based cost structure, including budgeting, forecasting, reconciliation, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to learn multiple corporate and customer specific business, financial, and database applications used for various business activities
- Proven experience with reviewing and understanding contract documents
- Desire to serve in a leadership capacity
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business with minimum of 2 years' experience
- Experience with Atlassian tool suite, including JIRA and Confluence
- Understanding of Agile Development process
- Demonstrated experience with configuration management
- Technical skill-base (such as basic programming, database creation and query, or VBA/Excel) that would support customized database queries or ad-hoc reporting, and other automation of data analysis, manipulation, and presentation
- Experience with Government contracts
- Active clearance
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top