This position will provide scheduling support and assist with the integration of MS Project/Deltek COBRA/Deltek wInsight on Weapon Systems – Minneapolis programs requiring full or internal EVMS reporting. The individual will work closely with finance / program teams for all EVMS / IMS deliverables to ensure quality, timeliness, and compliance to our EVMS System Description. The individual will use judgment based on practice and precedence with supervision .
- Provides support to the research, development, implementation, and maintenance of integrated master plans and schedules, processes, and practices.
- Responsible for the monitoring and measurement of progress, and addressing of tasks received from project management and external agencies with respect to integrated master schedules and plans.
- Assist in the closure of assigned follow-up actions resulting from program-wide reviews.
- Support the identification of problems in the conduct of the program, and propose and help implement workable solutions to remedy those problems. The problems, as well as the solutions, will not necessarily be obvious, and will require extrapolative thinking.
- Assist with the integration of activities of all functions in the contract, ensuring that they flow smoothly together to achieve the objective results
- Clearly communicate issues and resolutions to project management in both written and verbal means.
- Support the staff in preparing to pass all internal and external audits.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education · Working knowledge of Microsoft Project and other Microsoft Office applications.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills used to interface with IPT leads, program management, financial analysts, and the customer.
- High level of analytical ability enabling development and maintenance of an integrated program plan and schedule system that analyzes, integrates, and formats cost/schedule information to program management and customers.
- Ability to perform under minimal direct guidance and achieve job objectives with a significant degree of independence.
Preferred Skills and Education · Understanding of Earned Value Management concepts.
- Working knowledge of Deltek Cobra, wInsight and Acumen Fuse or similar.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Access.
- Understanding of overall program life cycle activities and their relation to the integrated master schedule and the claiming of earned value.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services Posting BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top