Program Quality Engineering Manager
The Program Quality Manager is responsible for the effective execution of the program while driving compliance to the Quality management System as well as Life Cycle Management. The role includes monitor and control of quality assurance and Life Cycle Management with a strong focus on Compliance, Supplier Quality, Defect Reduction and Continuous Improvement which will require effective deployment of resources and alignment with the Business Area.
- PLEASE BE AWARE - AN ACTIVE SECRET SECURITY CLEARANCE IS REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION
In this position you will partner and work closely with the Program Leadership and supporting organizations in order to drive the health and compliance of the program. While reporting to Quality you will work closely with Quality Leadership, Program Management, Operations, Contracts and Finance in assuring compliance to business processes and requirements. A thorough understanding of quality management and program management is required to achieving program goals as well as identifying early warning indicators and value added solutions.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 10 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- ACTIVE SECRET CLEARANCE
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical area and 10 years work experience or equivalent experience as a Program Quality Engineer or Program Quality manager.
- Strong leadership, organization, communication and technical skills. Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization and business.
- Extensive knowledge of specifications and standards for military programs is required including background in AS9100.
- Experience with program change review boards and risk management review boards.
- Effective problem solving and root cause analysis/ corrective action skills.
- Ability to analyze contractual requirements and prepare quality planning documentation
- Formal Lean Six Sigma Training/ Experience: Green/ Black Belt Certified
- Experience building and maintaining effective business relationships with DCMA and DOD customers
- Experience with space Programs and requirements
- Experience with cost account management tasks and earned value techniques
- Experience mentoring and supervising people
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top