Program Quality Engineer II
Quality is a trusted member of the program team, enabling business growth through a focus on predictive program execution and leading Continuous Improvement solutions throughout the enterprise. The Program Quality Engineer is a contributor with one or more Program Team(s). They must be a self-starter and have the ability to work independently and make value added assessments. The Program Quality Engineer reviews program contract requirements, statements of work and system technical specifications to develop and implement effective Program Quality Plans. The candidate will effectively communicate and flow down program Quality requirements to the Program Office and other Engineering disciplines. Experience with Software Quality approaches, Software and Systems level testing and Software development is desired in addition to the QA skills outlined above.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED.
- Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of Software Design and Architecture Experience in Peer Reviews and the collection of metrics.
- Software Review Board (SRB) membership Software Configuration Control Board (SCCB) membership
- Verification of Software Change Requests
- Understanding and engagement in Functional Qualification Test Events and their dry runs.
- Root Cause and Corrective Action (RCCA) methodologies
- Experience leading continuous improvement efforts.
- Master's degree
- QA certifications
- Lean Six Sigma training/certifications
- Experiences with Software QA activities in an AS9100/ISO 9001 Quality Management System environment.
- Experience with Information Assurance requirements and implementation for embedded cyber protection capability.
- Familiar with Software such as C++, Java, UML or other Higher Order Languages Experience with Software Development related tools such as ClearCase, DOORS, Jira, etc.
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top