Program Quality Engineer
Manages Quality Assurance activities for engineering projects of small to moderate size and complexity.
Serves as primary point-of-contact for customer, PMO and functional staff.
- Serves as Cost Account Manager (CAM) for all QA-specific functions.
- Reports on Program status against cost and schedule, using Earned Value Management System (EVMS) or similar type of system.
- Determines and communicates project objectives and strategies for their accomplishment.
- Ensures technical, test, performance, cost, schedule and quality requirements are met and that outcomes are consistent with established engineering and management principles and practice.
- Reviews contracts to determine contract deliverable requirements (CDRL’s) and ensures compliance.
- Analyzes need and acquire Quality Assurance resources for assigned programs; prepares Basis of Estimate (BOE) and Work Authorization Memos (WAMs).
- Develops, implements, and manages project plans to include detailed task definition, resource requirements, schedule, quality, and cost parameters.
- Assesses project risk areas and develops risk mitigation plans.
- Address the various needs, concerns and expectations of the stakeholders as the project is planned and carried out.
- Prepares, monitors, and controls budget and schedules, reporting on technical, cost and schedule status.
- Conceptualizes, creates and analyzes designs to ensure technical outcomes are consistent with customer and company requirements.
- Applies knowledge of engineering principles associated with primary engineering discipline; enhances customer understanding by guiding, reviewing and reporting project direction and outcomes.
- Performs trade-off studies to ensure optimum solutions are reached.
Plans and manages internal and external resources ensuring all project obligations and objectives are met. This includes identifying and acquiring resources, providing project leadership, and anticipating and resolving inter/intra group conflict.
- Represents the company with customers, program management, and subcontractors on technical
project content and issues.
- Prepares, presents, and defends project technical results and recommendations to external customers
and internal management.
- Participates in formal technical reviews with customers and internal technical reviews with peers and
- Prepares and presents technical portion of assigned proposals including concept definition, technical
specifications, definitions, and associated costs.
- Advises management on new developments and evolving organizational needs and required technical
Must demonstrate thorough understanding of, and may be called upon to lead and fulfill traditional Quality Engineering requirements, such as: Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA), inspection activities, supplier evaluations, perform technical analysis, supporting operational tasks specific to calibration, nonconforming material and root-cause corrective action, metrics collection and influence, performance of Design of Experiments (DOEs) and facilitation of communication.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education Required education: Bachelor Degree plus 8 years of work relevant experience or six additional years of experience in lieu of a degree (total 14 years experience without degree).
- -Strong communication skills
Preferred Skills and Education —Demonstrable knowledge of industry-accepted QMS (ISO 9001, TS-16949 or AS 9100)
- -CQM/OE, CQE or CQA accreditation (ASQ), PMP or equivalent (PMI or AMP)
- -Demonstrable budget and program cost/schedule management experience (EVMS or equivalent system)
- -Black-belt or green-belt certifi cation (from ASQ or other industry-recognized accreditation body)
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services Posting BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top