Program Mgr III
BAE Systems' Survivability, Targeting and Sensing Solutions (STS) Business Area is seeking an experienced Program Manager to add to the BAE Systems team. In Survivability, Targeting & Sensing Solutions, we provide affordable and highly accurate precision-guided munitions, helmet-mounted and head-up displays for fighter aircrafts, and advanced electro-optical/laser technology that detect and defeat threats to air and ground platforms. In this role, the Program Manager is responsible for the redesign of space qualified hardware and will also oversee the NRE effort of ramping tooling/ test equipment to higher production rates. This position requires leadership of a dynamic team, along with growth to adjacent markets and platforms.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 12 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Develop and execute strategic and tactical plans, both short and long range, for the pursuit and successful capture of key opportunities.
- Previous experience in working on CPFF program with financial responsibility of profit/loss.
- Apply disciplined methods to capture current understanding of critical customers' program goals; assessment of competitive market; and translation of BAE Systems' winning strategy to development of proposed offering.
- Lead matrixed teams of functional and support specialists throughout the capture process.
- Coordinate and manage the assigned project(s) to comply with cost, schedule and technical requirements and established company practices in order to meet project commitments.
- Interface with finance managers, contracts managers, PTL's, CE's, OPM's, cost account managers, design and operations teams to manage programs.
- Review and monitor metrics on the projects and provide support as required to the product area director.
- Manage risks and opportunities.
- Conduct bid reviews and phase reviews.
- Make strategic decisions in a fast paced environment
- Deal effectively with senior program level customers and partners
- Resolve customer issues of a complex nature
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams
- PMP Certification
Preferred Education: 16+ Years with HS, 14+ Years with AA, 12+ Years with BS and 10+ Years with MS
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top