Program Mgr II
BAE Systems OSI is hiring in Radford, Virginia
Reporting to the Program Director, Modernization - the Program Manager, Modernization Supply Integration will be responsible for interfacing between the Program Management and Supply Chain Management teams across all Modernization. The individual will initially be embedded in one of our major subcontractor sites to improve performance on a key modernization project, but will also develop processes and procedures for improving the interaction between Programs, Supply Chain and our supply base. The individual will eventually be located at the BAE Systems office in the Holston or Radford.
As the ideal candidate, you'll draw from extensive program/subcontract management experience to ensure effective subcontractor execution in alignment with program objectives. You'll use your strong leadership and collaborative skills, business acumen and technical aptitude in developing solid working relationships between our major subcontractor and the BAE Systems Integrated Program Team (IPT).
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The specific duties and responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Maintains regular interface (Program Management Reviews (PMRs), weekly/Bi-weekly status meetings, teleconferences, recurring reports, etc.) with key internal and external customers as well as major subcontractors and suppliers. Ensures customer expectations are met, problems resolved, potential issues identified, mitigation plans in place, and potential new orders/business opportunities identified.
- Determine project scope of work, project performance objectives, and success with acceptance criteria. Identify work elements of the project in conjunction with overall Program IPT and OSI Procurement
- Solves complex technical problems by providing leadership for developing project plans and their implementation for design, construction and commissioning.
- Ensures quick resolution of technical and programmatic issues by leveraging and integrating the capabilities of the entire organization.
- Analyzes estimates associated with modernization projects to ensure completeness as it relates to the supplier requirements in conjunction with the procurement team
- Defined Risks and Opportunities within the modernization programs related to supplier performance; communicates issues and recommended actions with the Director of Procurement
- Develops integrated processes and procedures for effective interface between the Modernization team, OSI Procurement and our supply base to improve overall execution of projects in Holston and Radford.
- Supports strategy, identifies/pursues/captures new business opportunities as related to modernization aligning with the OSI procurement team
- Develops working relationships with other functions (program management, engineering, operations, finance, etc.). Establishes both formal and informal methods for sharing project management and construction management knowledge with less experienced personnel within the Modernization organization to further develop and enhance the overall OSI project management team.
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures. Supports the implementation of BAE Systems LCM processes.
- Fosters capture of Best Practices and Lessons Learned and ensures that the appropriate practices and lessons are properly applied throughout the business
- Maintains a safe work environment and ensures compliance with safety objectives and policies.
- Shares responsibility of self-development with the Program Director, Modernization
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top