Program Manger I or II
Looking to hire a Program Manager to support the Advanced Capability Laser Communication program in the Electronic Combat Solutions business unit. This advanced EMD program is leading BAE Systems’ capability growth in state of the art optical, mechanical, laser and controls systems.
The PM’s primary responsibility will be as the Subcontract Program Manager for all major and minor subcontracts on the program.
Responsibilities include primary company contractual interface to subcontractors, proactively coordinating subcontractors with internal PMO and technical teams, and supporting customer and IEWS/ECS leadership discussion on subcontract status and issues. In addition, the Subcontract Program Manager will serve as Control Account Manager for all subcontracts, manage weekly reporting of schedule and financial status, generating all recovery plans for any schedule and cost growths, and managing subcontract risk/opportunities and associated mitigation plans.
Additional Advanced Capability Program Manager duties include serving as the Chairman of the Program Risk Board and lead of the build, test and integration of capital units. Along with the technology development challenges, the program must transition this capability to Operations in a timely and cost effective manner.
Experience with BAE Systems Operations capabilities and new product introduction processes is a plus.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 15 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education – Project management experience involving regular evaluation of performance of assigned tasks in terms of technical, schedule and cost.
- Excellent communication skills across functional boundaries and with external customers
- Skilled in risk and opportunity management
Preferred Skills and Education – Technical Degree and/or experience in managing complex technical development
- Operations, supply chain, and subcontract management experience
- Operations New Product Introduction experience
- Active Secret clearance About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Electronic Systems, based in Nashua, New Hampshire, provides systems and products that maximize the effectiveness and safety of fighting forces and first responders. Its offerings include infrared countermeasures and electronic protection systems for military and civilian aircraft; information management systems; signal acquisition, analysis, and exploitation systems that optimize use of the electromagnetic spectrum by friendly forces while denying its use by adversaries; interoperable communications systems for firefighters and other first responders; thermal weapon sights; precision targeting systems; situational awareness systems for ground vehicles; night-vision systems; identification friend or foe systems; and radiation-hardened electronics. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top