Program Manager - Weapons Systems UK
- The successful candidate will be expected to support the India PM in a leading customer facing role, reporting, negotiating and securing agreements for the final deliveries of materials, sub-systems and systems.
- Route cause & corrective actions will require coordination and closure.
- The role is responsible for the Project Management and coordination of any FAI (First Article Inspection) and FAT (Factory Acceptance Testing) resulting from the re-start of the M777 supply chain.
- Pre-contract award, the role will be responsible to produce and gain agreement for the FAI plans that the USG will approve following the long-term suspension of the M777 supply chain.
- Following award and mobilisation, the role will be the Customer facing point of Contact (POC) for the management and close out of all MRB related tasks and actions, coordinating the appropriate functions to allow the successful acceptance of the product, and ensure all material processes are adhered to.
- The role will be initially based in the UK, but it is expected will transfer to the US to work closely with the USG PM-TAS team during India production.
- Due to the geographical nature of the activities, there could be extensive travel required although volume of work could also drive supporting staff in US, UK or India.
- Operate within and in accordance with the Company policies and procedures.
- Coordinate with the India PM, PM India Manufacturing & Assembly, Commercial, Supply Chain, Engineering & Operations teams to deliver hardware to the India Contract in line with cost, schedule & quality.
- Establish the project mobilisation plans for an anticipated India Contract Award.
- Provide daily / weekly updates on status to the India PM, Operations & Supply Chain teams as required.
- Provide weekly status reports via the MRB to the Customer (USG)
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 12 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education
- Process Development and Management
- Process Control & Governance Management.
- Project Managing tasks from planning to completion.
- Experience in engaging with senior internal and external stakeholders.
- Working with the United States Government Contracts/Programs.
- Knowledge of WS UK products in particular M777.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Masters in Management
- PMP (Project Management Professional certification from the Project Management Institute),
- Advanced Graduate Certificate in Project Management
- Certified Six Sigma Black Belt.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services Posting BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top