Program Manager, International and Offset
BAE Systems, a provider of some of the world's most advanced, technology-led, defense, aerospace and security systems is seeking a highly motivated, experienced Program Manager to join our Global Integrated Solutions team in Los Angeles. This position requires working Offset Programs with a global customer base in support of a diverse electronic systems product portfolio including high integrity avionics, advanced displays, thermal imaging solutions, and electronic defense systems and support.
Working closely with international end users, OEM customers, and in-country partners, the suitable candidate needs to be a dynamic leader with a flexible mind-set able to work across multiple cultures and time zones to ensure successful program capture and execution. The candidate will lead staff across various locations in the formulation, planning, negotiation, and execution of Offset strategies and programs related to Direct Commercial Sales or Foreign Military Sales contracts. Mature interpersonal communication skills will be one of your key attributes. Both Domestic and International travel with be required at times.
Primary duties and responsibilities include:
- Manages and executes on various projects including production and engineering elements to ensure achievement of financial, schedule, technical, and new business performance objectives.
- Provides program leadership for planning, developing, implementing, and executing strategic Offset programs. Demonstrates the ability to navigate within different cultural frameworks, and interfaces with suppliers, customers, and senior leadership on all program elements including cost, schedule, technical, risk management, and contractual status. Apply and/or develop integrated plans from program principles and concepts meeting program objectives.
- Actively promotes a culture of diversity, safety, health, and personal wellbeing for self, employees and the program team. Maintains a safe work environment and ensures compliance with safety and environmental objectives and policies, ethics, export control, proprietary information, document/record retention, public communication, etc.
Typical Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree and 15 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
• Experience with International Offset Programs and Direct Commercial Sales Contracts
• Bachelor's Degree and 5-10 years' work experience in Program Management or equivalent
• Program Management Professional (PMP) Certificate
Preferred Skills and Education
- Master's degree in business or technical discipline
- Proficiency in technical and proposal writing
- Eligible for Secret Clearance
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top