Program Manager III - Maritime Systems and Technologies
BAE Systems is looking for a Program Manager III to join their Maritime Systems & Technology (MST) directorate. The MST Directorate is the organization that leads innovation in the undersea arena. Our technology applies to maritime sensing modalities that span the technology readiness spectrum from applied research through transition to fielded operational systems. Our cutting edge projects and opportunities advance the frontiers of science as well as contributing to current and emerging warfighter systems.
The Maritime Systems & Technology research group is part of BAE Systems' FAST Labs division which is heavily involved in advanced research concepts primarily from the various government research labs and organizations, including DARPA and ONR. Members of the group are involved in the entire cycle of research development, from the initial concept ideation and program shaping with potential customers and new business pursuits through the execution and transition of research concepts to BAE Systems' business areas and products. Team members are typically involved in multiple simultaneous programs with roles including technical leadership, technical development, customer interaction, program management, or new concept development.
- Contribute to the tailoring and management of the program management business practices for the MST organization in accordance with BAE Systems program management policies. This includes cost, schedule, technical, risk and resources management processes, program planning and management review requirements.
- Work closely with business operations to modify and develop program management tools and collect and analyze program performance metrics across MST.
- Participate in the program management community of practice within the MST Technology Group. This includes engaging with the staff of program managers across FAST Labs on a regular basis to identify and employ best practices, define training plans and provide mentoring.
- Participate in independent program review for all major programs run within the MST Technology Directorate.
- Serve as program manager for one or more of the MST Technology Directorate's most critical programs.
- Experience providing technical leadership for new business capture
- Participate in shaping and expanding our portfolio through strategic business capture for new DARPA & ONR S&T efforts
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 12 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Experience managing and successfully executing Maritime Research and Development programs for the Defense and Intelligence markets.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Successful, proven past performance in leading and managing multi-discipline project teams
- 5 or more years of leading the shaping, capture, and execution of Maritime programs
- An Active Secret Clearance is required
- Domain expertise in one or more of the following areas: Multi-Band Sensors (Acoustic, RF, Magnetic, Optical), Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance, Communications, Position Navigation and Timing
Preferred Skills and Education
- PMP Certified or Government equivalent (DAU)
- A TS/SCI clearance is preferred
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top