Program Manager III, International
- Los Angeles, CA
BAE Systems, a provider of some of the world's most advanced, technology-led, defense, aerospace and security systems is seeking a highly motivated, experienced Program Manager to join our Global Integrated Solutions team in Los Angeles. This position requires working Direct Commercial Sales contracts with a global customer base in support of a diverse product portfolio including High Integrity Flight Control Computers, Flight Control Sensors and Actuators, Helmet Displays, Head-Up Displays, and Automated Test Equipment.
Working closely with international end users, OEM customers, and in-country partners, the suitable candidate needs to be a dynamic leader with a flexible mind-set able to work across multiple cultures and time zones to ensure successful program capture and execution. The candidate will lead staff across various locations and support the Business Development team in the initiation and implementation of capture and growth strategies. Mature interpersonal communication skills will be one of your key attributes. Both Domestic and International travel with be required at times.
Primary duties and responsibilities include:
- Manages and executes on various projects including production and engineering elements to ensure achievement of financial, schedule, technical, and new business performance objectives.
- Provides program leadership in Proposal, Development, and Capture Strategies. Demonstrates the ability to navigate within different cultural frameworks, and interfaces with suppliers, customers, and senior leadership on all program elements including cost, schedule, technical, risk management, and contractual status. Apply and/or develop integrated plans from program principles and concepts meeting program objectives.
- Actively promotes a culture of diversity, safety, health, and personal wellbeing for self, employees and the program team. Maintains a safe work environment and ensures compliance with safety and environmental objectives and policies, ethics, export control, proprietary information, document/record retention, public communication, etc.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Experience with International Programs and Direct Commercial Sales Contracts
- Bachelor's Degree and 5-10 years' work experience in Program Management or equivalent
- Program Management Professional (PMP) Certificate
- Master's degree in business or technical discipline
- Proficiency in technical and proposal writing
- Eligible for Secret Clearance
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts - defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team-making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems' game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Back to top