Program Manager III
Provide leadership and management oversight of a Space project team assuring the project's financials, schedule and technical objectives are met and that the highest level of customer satisfaction is achieved.
The basic functions of the job include:
- Accountable for all aspects of assigned programs execution (cost, schedule, technical performance, quality, inventory management, and customer engagement) and ensuring program commitments are met, having the authority to make cogent and timely decisions related to the project.
- Acts as primary point of contact between BAE Systems and the customer program office, suppliers, and key customer stakeholders.
- Responsible and accountable to the Product Line Management for program execution, profitability, timeliness, and overall success. Makes decisions that are cost effective to the company and ensures assigned projects meet financial commitments for orders, sales, profit and cash flow.
- Leads or participates in the creation of new business strategies and in the development of strategic and financial plans.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 12 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelors' degree in a technical field.
- Minimum 10 years of demonstrated experience leading and inspiring diverse teams in a high tempo environment
- Successful, proven past performance in leading and managing multi-discipline project teams
- Expertise in project management
- Very strong presentation and organizational skills
- Highly adaptable with a high degree of initiative
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in new business capture
- Experience in the development and production of high reliability spacecraft electronics
- Top Secret Clearance
Preferred Skills and Education
Prefer Program Management Institute (PMI) certification and/or Program Management Professional (PMP)
- Master in Engineering and/or Business Administration
- Experience in business case development, analysis, and presentation
- Detailed knowledge of the defense aerospace market
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top