Program Manager II - Threat Management Solutions Programs
Experienced Software Program Manager to Lead / Manage all Systems Engineering, Integration, and Test (SEIT) operations of a dynamic IPT environment in support of the Common Missile Warning System (CMWS) and Advanced Threat Infrared Countermeasure (ATIRCM) programs. The SEIT program manager will oversee the development and testing of multiple, parallel software efforts in support of the larger CMWS / ATIRCM program. CMWS is large, multi-faceted program within the Threat Management Solutions (TMS) product line of the Survivability and Targeting Solutions Business Area.
- Ensures the adherence and compliance within assigned projects to the Operational Framework and the appropriate sections of the Operational Assurance Statement.
- Accountable for the overall performance of the program (cost, schedule, technical and customer) with the authority to make cogent and timely decisions related to the project
- Manages a diverse, multi-functional team with high efficiency.
- Develops and maintain good customer relationships
- Identify and develop opportunities to increase the value of the project(s) under his/her purview
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor’s and 15+ years related experience, or
- Master’s Degree and 13+ years of related experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field; or in Business or Management
- Strong experience in complex software development programs
- Demonstrated program planning and execution skills
- Proven experience in program growth
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Knowledge of Earned Value Management System (EVMS)
- Implements project information management standards and controls to carry out project tasks.
- Determines work schedules, prioritizes tasks, and implements procedures for performing work activities.
- Directs and monitors work results for meeting customer requirements, specifications and quality assurance standards.
- Regularly evaluates performance of assigned project tasks in terms of quality, cost control, and achievement of technical, schedule, performance and contractual objectives using company standard metrics.
- Ensures that work statements are adequately defined and that staffing requirements are correct
- Skilled in risk and opportunity management
- Active Secret clearance
Preferred Skills and Education
- Exposure to CMMI SW development
- Prior Aircraft Survivability experience
- PMP Certification
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top