Program Manager I - AMPV Systems Technical Services (STS)
This position can sit at any major Platforms & Services Combat Vehicles site.
This Armored Multi-Purpose Vehicle (AMPV) System Technical Services (STS) Program Manager has responsibility for the execution and performance of AMPV STS activities. This PM will lead the development, capture, and execution of STS work directives as well as future STS contracts if required. Supervises cross-functional team to execute projects successfully. Regularly evaluates performance of program tasks in terms of quality, cost control, and achievement of technical, schedule, performance and contractual objectives using metrics.
Other responsibilities also include:
• Maintains sole responsibility for program planning and execution of AMPV STS Work Directives as currently chartered under joint ABCT/BFV STS contract.
• Executes those Work Directives to which assigned and fully responsible for all contract deliveries for each.
• Requires execution across the project's lifecycle using governance to monitor progress for managing budget and risks while adhering to the Life Cycle Management framework.
• Holds Profit AND Loss responsibility for each Work Directive
• Also responsible for supporting the capture of future business opportunities as it may relate to AMPV STS Contracts
• Facilitates an Integrated Product Team with cross-functional support through an engineering, manufacturing, logistics, contracts, finance and others to ensure the optimum performance of the programs.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
• The program manager must have practical experience in project management gained through capture and/or managing complex projects while holding a good knowledge and handling of project and program management methodology and techniques.
• Ability to work positively with the customer and wide range of individuals/functions involved in program management with strong leadership and management skills.
• Excellent functional knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation procedures bolstered by an executive presence
• Ability to work effectively in a matrix organization and lead cross functional teams
• Ability to initiate, prioritize, and coordinate many tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to deliver positive performance in alignment with near term goal and long term strategic goal.
Preferred Skills and Education
•Demonstrated experience in project management gained through managing ground combat vehicle DoD contract projects.
•Demonstrated experience successfully negotiating with DoD customers
•Demonstrated effectiveness in a matrix organization and leading cross functional teams
•Demonstrated experience shaping, proposing, and capture of DoD ground combat vehicle efforts.
•Demonstrated effectiveness in developing and deploying processes and plans to improve program performance
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair...just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Back to top