Program Manager I
BASIC FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
Manages, coordinates, plans, organizes, controls, integrates, and executes a project or collection of projects. Ensures achievement of contractually based financial, schedule, and technical performance objectives.
BUSINESS AREA BACKGROUND:
This Program Manager position is with the Range Instrumentation - Sensor Solutions business unit, headquartered in Fort Walton Beach, Florida. BAE Systems has over 40 years of experience in designing and manufacturing Instrumentation Radar Systems, Electro-Optical Systems, Test Range Asset Modernizations and Upgrades. Our capabilities include design, fabrication and integration of hardware and software to support a wide variety of test range requirements including RF and Electro Optical (EO) TSPI Instrumentation, Threat Simulators, CW Doppler and EO Behavioral Systems, Drop and No-Drop Bomb Scoring Systems, Telemetry Systems and Flight Termination Systems.
The technologies and resources of BAE Systems is dedicated to designing, manufacturing, integrating, and sustaining range products that are required for current test ranges and programs envisioned for future test ranges, aviation test facilities and launch facilities.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Duties and responsibilities which occupy a major portion of time and importance in the job. )
1. Defines the objectives and strategies of the program, to include strategic and company objectives consistent with customer and contract requirements
2. Facilitates the timely planning of the program consistent with program requirements and objectives
3. Assigns areas of responsibility for the program and communicates plan.
4. Conducts regular reviews of program performance, evaluating the current and projected status against the approved plan.
5. Assures the optimum utilization of program resources. Assures effective management of subcontracts and execution of the program material plan.
6. Leads project teams and facilitates the communication and interaction among project and task managers and staff.
7. Controls the timely start and completion of program tasks to assure fulfillment of program cost and schedule objectives.
8. Manages the program to assure closure of program objectives efficiently and as early as practical
9. Maintains accurate records of program data, deliverable items, and material.
10. Coordinates with customers to provide necessary program status and obtain customer feedback.
11. Performs other duties as required.
Normal office environment. May work extended hours or weekends. May travel overnight or on weekends.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Bachelor level or higher degree with very strong technical and business background
Bachelor's Degree & 8 year(s) related experience
Knowledge of and experience with project execution through a phased process (Life Cycle Managment) and the reviews and metrics associated with assessing progress throughout that cycle.
Strong programmatic skills in Critical Path Scheduling and Earned Value Management
Strong interpersonal skills to lead cross functional teams towards common goals
Ability to resolve conflict and lead effective team communication
Proficient with Microsoft Office tools, with high level of Excel and MS Project experience
Experience with DoD contracts and project management
Preferred Skills and Education
Experience with Range Instrumentation products and/or customers
Experience with Deltek Costpoint
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top