Program Manager for LO TacAir EW Modernization
Seeking to hire a Program Manager to support the Modernization Product Area within the LO Tactical Aircraft Electronic Warfare (LO TacAir EW) Product Line. The position, located in Nashua, NH will report directly to the Modernization Director, and will be responsible for day to day oversight of Modernization program capture and execution activities. The Program Manager will manage a portfolio of both programs and pursuits. The person has responsibility for cost, schedule, and technical performance associated with each primary contract.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute strategic and tactical plans, both short and long range, for the pursuit and successful capture of key opportunities.
- Apply disciplined methods to capture current understanding of critical customers’ program goals; assessment of competitive market; and translation of BAE Systems’ winning strategy to development of proposed offering.
- Lead matrixed teams of functional and support specialists throughout the capture process.
- Develop and lead execution of customer contact plans related to the capture pursuit.
- Coordinate and manage the assigned project(s) to comply with cost, schedule and technical requirements and established company practices in order to meet project commitments
- Interface with finance managers, contracts managers, PTL’s, CE’s, OPM’s, cost account managers, design and operations teams to manage programs
- Review and monitor metrics on the projects and provide support as required to the product area director
- Manage risks and opportunities
- Conduct bid reviews and phase reviews
- Coordinate training requirements
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering or technical discipline and 15 years
- 12 years of development life cycle experience in DoD programs
- Ability to lead diverse matrixed team comprised of solution architects, engineers, and subject matter experts to develop compelling, competitive solutions for customers
- Experience managing diverse capture teams
- Federal contracting and procurement experience and knowledge
- Ability to negotiate effectively with customers, industry partners, and teammates
- Strong planning and organizational skills with the ability to diagnose and resolve complex problems.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively build and lead teams.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in order to express complex technical/operational concepts to customers, superiors, and staff.
Preferred Skills and Education
- PMP certification
- Master’s Degree
- Prior PM and PEM experience at BAE Systems
- Top Secret security clearance
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top