Program Manager ( DoD Propellant/NG)
Reporting to theRadford Acids Program Manager, the Project Manager - Radford will primarilysupport the Program Manager at Radford Army Ammunition Plant(RFAAP) and will also serve as an active manager of projects at RFAAP.Specific duties and responsibilities of this position include thefollowing:
- Representsprojects at RFAAP in upper management site meetings and in Customerbriefings/presentations.
- Monitors project at RFAAP with regard to the following project management practice areas that he/she is assigned to manage:
- Project Integration
- Scope Management
- Time Management (schedules)
- Cost Management
- Quality Management
- Communications Management
- Risks/Opportunities Management
- Construction Progress / Construction Monitoring
- Customer Relations Management
- Radford Support Groups Coordination (Safety, Environmental, Security, etc.)
- Provides regular reports to the Radford Acid Program Manager on all projects at RFAAP that he/she is responsible for.
- Solves complex technical problems by providing leadership for developing project plans and their implementation.
- Communicates summaries and recommendations to the Radford Portfolio Program Manager based on assessment of internal and external resources.
- Foresees project difficulties and reacts appropriately to communicate and avoid misunderstanding.
- Serves as primary interface for internal and external Customers on projects that he/she is responsible for.
- Serves as Point of Contact (POC) for subcontractors, providing leadership and direction to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget constraints.
- Determines project Scope of Work (SOW), project performance criteria and fitness for use.
- Identifies work elements of the project.
- Assigns work and follow-up as project demands.
- Sequences and schedules the project work elements and determines the resources required for each work element.
- Prepares cost estimates and establishes budgets for the project work elements. Partners with the Procurement Department to obtain bid quotations from subcontract and materials suppliers.
BAE Systems helps protect those who protect us. At ourchemical manufacturing facility in Radford, VA, we do this by developingsafer explosives for our government and commercial customers. Learn moreabout this area of our business at www.baesystems.com/OSIjobs
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top