Program Manager, CBP Data Analytics
- McLean, VA
This individual will have overall execution responsibility for a mission critical program supporting the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Customs and Borders Protection (CBP). The program provides data analytics and intelligence support to assist CBP officers and border enforcement personnel in identifying individuals and material that may present risk to the United States. As volumes of data increase, officers require more efficient access to relevant real-time information on which to base critical admission decisions. The program increasingly relies on Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) techniques to assist with the data volume.
We are looking for an experienced Program Manager to provide day-to-day management of the program. The individual will also be responsible for strategic oversight of the program, to include identifying relevant innovations to incorporate into the program over a five year period. The individual will have oversight of the recruitment and retention of top talent, performing Quality Assurance, and communicating verbally, and in writing to the customer to address changes and challenges. The PM also will interact frequently with internal and external senior level executives and customer representatives concerning projects, operational decisions, contracts, and strategies. Must be comfortable leading briefings and high level meetings. Other key responsibilities include:
- Ensure high levels of execution of program including cost, schedule, technical performance, staffing, quality, and customer engagement; ensuring program commitments are met, having the authority to make cogent and timely decisions related to the project
- Official liaison between contract and customer
- Monitor and control team efficiency and operations
- Accountability for performance of all contractors
- Establish productive relationships with counterparts in other segments of the business, vendors, industry partners, customers and staff.
- Attract, develop and retain high performing, diverse talent within the business; build future leaders through mentoring and serving as a role model.
- Bachelor's degree and 10+ years of relevant experience including at least 5 years of Program Management on programs over $100M in lifecycle value. Remaining experience should be in project management or experience in a relevant field such as data analytics, intelligence analysis or AI/ML.
- Strong business acumen - highly capable of formulating and executing aggressive, but reasonable schedules in coordination with multiple subcontractor and technology vendor partners, both large and small
- Technically proficient - conversant in the data analytics and intelligence analysis missions
- Bachelor's degree in management, business, data science or related field
- Program Management Professional (PMP) Certified
- Active Top Secret clearance
- Experience supporting CBP
- CBP Background Investigation preferred
- Experience with large program stand-ups to include on-boarding employees and working staff through background investigation process
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top