Program Manager- C4ISR Programs
- Summerville, SC
We are in search of an energetic Program Manager to lead one of our most exciting programs. Join BAE's Integrated Solutions division and be a part of the team of men and women who solve some of the Navy's most complex technical challenges. The Intelligence and Security sector is searching for a Program Manager to join our team in Charleston, SC. You will manage large programs valued at over $300M and have the opportunity to step into a high visibility role that will lead all aspects of execution to include profit and loss responsibility /cost management, schedule management , staffing, customer engagement, and technical execution on this exciting program!
The Program Manager will serve as the bridge between the Corporation's full suite of technological and hardware solutions at various U.S. sites and the Customer in San Diego, CA and Charleston, SC. In addition, the Program Manager will be responsible for managing the Customer Relationship and providing consultation with respect to technology, personnel, strategy and emerging solutions. The Program Manager has the responsibility of managing direct reports; including other managers who supervise integration and installation teams throughout the country.
The Program Manager will:
- Ensure Contractor tasks are completed within the deadlines; tasking guidance from the Government is clear; personnel are qualified to perform the tasks; resolve personnel issues pre-emptively.
- Communicate with the Government COR for problem resolution, task scheduling, new resource requirements, training and task clarification.
- Serve as the focal point for all activity within the program including strategic planning, bid and proposal support for content, strategy and integrated plans on programs, staffing, technical services, issue reporting, and risk and opportunity management.
- Provide overall program technical leadership; plan, execute, and manage all efforts within the program and across a cross-functional teams.
- Implement deliberate operations: analyze workflows; establish priorities; develop standards and set deadlines.
- Oversee and be responsible for the cost, schedule and technical performance of the program.
- Participate in the negotiation of contract and contract changes.
- Coordinate the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract.
- Establish milestones and monitor adherence to master plans and schedules, identify program problems and obtain solutions such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications.
- Monitor project plans and execution to ensure technical and work scope requirements, schedule, and budget are well defined and maintained.
- Ensure program efforts are planned and executed in accordance with company policies, procedures, processes, and best practices. Provide the coordination between the project teams, functional managers, and technical / engineering teams, to ensure all necessary reviews are conducted and approvals are received.
- Models and demonstrates strong leadership in ethics, safety and security
- Ensure program and product safety are managed in accordance with company policies, procedures, processes, and best practices.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Active Secret security clearance.
- Eligible for Top Secret/SCI clearance.
- BA/BS in Business, Computer Science, Engineering, Math or Physics.
- Eight (8) years of Program Management experience, to include: Technology Assessments, Systems Design, Systems Analysis, Programmatic Support, Acquisition Planning, and Budget Planning.
- Five (5) years of experience managing multi-site installation, production, and integration efforts, and leading teams to manage systems engineering and production efforts, schedules, risks, and Government contracts.
- Familiarity with the customer environment - NAVWAR and NIWC LANT
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Fifteen (15) years of technical experience in support of C4ISR systems, to include: Equipment Support, System Support, and Programmatic Support.
- MA/MS in Business (MBA), Computer Science, Engineering, Math or Physics and 8 years of program management experience.
- Certified Lean Six Sigma Green or Black Belt..
- Familiar with shipyard and new construction ship processes.
- Leading a high performing dynamic team
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts - defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team-making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Back to top