- Plans, coordinates and manages the aspects of ongoing programs/contracts and serves as liaison between customer, integrated project team and line management.
- Reviews status of projects and budgets. Manages schedules and prepares status reports. Assesses project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality and customer satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Develops mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for intervention and problem resolution.
- Performs day to day management of program tasks and develops long-term and strategic objectives to ensure that end user requirements will be satisfied.
- Performs horizontal integration planning and interfaces with other functional areas and IPT members, ensuring that proposals and programs are implemented in accordance with requirements, schedules and budgets.
- Develops new proposals in accordance with contract change requests. Establishes proposal strategy, assigns budgets, coordinates proposal development activity and receives approvals from senior management.
- Monitors all assigned projects with regard to the following project management practice areas:
o Project Integration
o Scope Management
o Time Management (schedules)
o Cost Management
o Quality Management
o Risk/Opportunity Management
o Customer Relations Management
- Seeking to hire a Program Manager to support the Tactical Aircraft Electronic Warfare product area in the Electronic Combat Solutions business unit. The PM’s primary responsibility will be as the Risk and Opportunity Program Manager for all major programs within the product area.
- Responsibilities include risk and opportunity management for a portfolio of programs, proactively coordinating with internal PMO and technical teams, and supporting customer and TacAir/ECS leadership discussion on risk and opportunities for the major programs. In addition, the Risk and Opportunity Manager will support programs in monthly reporting of schedule and financial status, generating all mitigation plans, and managing subcontract risk/opportunities and associated mitigation plans. Additional Risk and Opportunity Program Manager duties include serving as the Chairman of the Program Risk Board across multiple programs.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education
- Experience developing competitive engineering and production proposals
- Experience with direct interface to all functional organizations (program management, engineering, finance, contracts, operations, business development, business winning)
- Significant experience with IT suites (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Hyperion, Oracle)
- Significant experience with BAE Systems internal management processes
- Experience with direct customer interface and coordination
- Capable of mentoring and training junior team member and sharing their expertise within and across directorates and functional boundaries
- Experience with BAE Systems policies and procedures
Preferred Skills and Education
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top