Directs, coordinates, plans, organizes, controls, integrates and completes a program or collection of projects typically having average annual aggregate revenue of $25M to $49M (but could be lower for programs of high technical or organizational complexity or risk, or significant strategic value). Ensures achievement of financial, schedule, technical and new business performance objectives. Participates in the creation of new business and in the development of strategic and financial plans for the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Initiates, organizes, plans, authorizes work, manages, controls, manages change and closes out assigned programs according to the company’s Integrated Project Management Processes.
2. Develops and establishes procedures and guidelines for daily operation of the assigned programs. Prepares, executes, and revises the Program Plan of Execution.
3. Implements and executes program information management systems and controls in order to carry out program tasks. Determines work schedules, prioritizes tasks and implements procedures for performing work activities. Directs and monitors work results for meeting customer requirements, specifications and quality assurance standards. Evaluates performance of assigned program tasks in terms of quality, cost control and achievement of technical, schedule, performance and contractual objectives. Keeps upper management informed regarding program status and any technical, cost, schedule or administrative problems within programs.
4. Establishes, maintains and promotes good customer relationships. Ensures the coordination of work tasks with customer representatives. Ensures customers are informed on status and progress of assigned programs. Coordinates program reviews and directs the preparation of status and progress reports as directed in the Lifecycle Management Guidelines, the North American Charter for Program Management and the Operational Framework.
5. Identifies and develops opportunities to increase the value of the program(s) under his/her purview and to capture new programs. Develops capture plans and directs the development and preparation of proposals in response to various requests. Ensures that work statements are adequately defined that the staffing requirements are correct. Participates in make/buy and prime/sub decisions and recommends the selection of subcontractors. Supports the Program Director in developing multi-year strategic plans. Develops input to the company’s value plan for assigned area.
6. Supports fact-finding and contractual negotiations with the customer. Represents the company at appropriate customer or sponsor meetings.
7. Manages the work activities of subordinates assigned to her/his program(s) and is responsible for selecting, counseling, training, developing, evaluating the performance of, and where necessary, replacing subordinates.
8. Ensures the adherence within assigned programs, to the Operational Framework and the attestation to compliance with the appropriate sections of the Operation Compliance Statement.
9. Maintains a safe work environment and ensures compliance with safety objectives and policies.
10. Shares responsibility of self-development with immediate supervisor.
Required Skills and Education Bachelor’s Degree and 15+ years of experience is required.
Analytical thought needed to resolve issues in a variety of complex
situations without supervision.
Nature of Impact: Impacts
quality, timeliness of results, planning and revenues or budget.
Developed communication skills to exchange complex information.
Negotiates mainly internally within a project team or department,
Leads Project/Program team member checking the work of others. Typically responsible for training and
developing new team members.
Preferred Skills and Education
mso-bidi-font-family:“Times New Roman”;mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;
technical background, understanding of RF Countermeasures and USAF Special
- Strong background in
Systems Engineering process.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top