BAE Systems is seeking a strong, enthusiastic and experienced senior Program Manager for the Mission Support Business Unit. The Program Manager will support proposal efforts and contingent upon award lead the Combat Mission Systems Support (CMSS) program. The position will be located at or near Peterson AFB, Colorado Springs, CO. 25% travel to various SMC locations to include but not limited to LA AFB will be required.
Program Manager is accountable for all aspects of assigned program execution (cost, schedule, technical performance and customer engagement) with particular emphasis on delivering customer satisfaction, financial performance, and organic (follow-on and re-compete) business growth while meeting contractual requirements. The Program Manager has the authority to make cogent and timely decisions related to the project and acts as primary point of contact between BAE Systems and the customer system program office and key customer stakeholders.
Program Manager is responsible and accountable to the Line Management for program execution, profitability, timeliness, and overall success. Leads or participates in the creation of new business strategies and in the development of strategic and financial plans.
Ensures that program commitments are met and accomplished in line with the Mission Support business objectives.
This position is in support of a proposal and contingent upon contract award.
Typical Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree and 15 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Knowledgeable of Space Control Depot Support (SCDS) effort.
- Knowledgeable of space control systems and policy
- Working knowledge of USAF space control systems (Counter Communications Systems (CCS), Space Test and Training Range (STRR), BIG TOP, -Standardized Process for Interference Recognition and Targeting (SPIRIT), RAIDRS Deployable Ground Segment (RDGS), other classified systems)
- Significant medium to large program management experience
- Significant experience in personnel supervision
- Background in systems engineering
- Background in performance based logistics
- Knowledgeable of cyber security, program protection, software engineering and life-cycle sustainment
- Active security clearance
- PhD plus 5 years' experience
- MS/MA/MBA plus10 years' experience
- BS/BA plus 12 years' experience
- 18 years' relevant experience
- Direct SMC SY military experience
- PMP certified
- Working knowledge of Primavera and familiarity with Earned Value Management, risk management, resource planning, contracts, and Government cost and accounting systems.
- DoD acquisition experience
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Information Solutions, based in Reston, Virginia, is among the 10 largest IT providers to the U.S. government, serving most of the federal defense and civilian marketplace. It provides network-centric command, control, computing, and intelligence (C3I) solutions; wideband networking radio systems; information systems for the U.S. intelligence community; geospatial information services; and information technology services. Leveraging its knowledge of signals and data derived from signals, Information Solutions has attained a market-leading position in advanced information technology research, intelligence analysis and production, and geospatial exploitation software. People are the greatest asset in any Company. BAE Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top