Program Management Intern Spring 2020
This position reports to a Sr. Program Manager for the Aviation Programs business in Phoenix, Arizona. The Program Management Intern will perform various tasks across the program management processes. Some of these tasks include:
- Assisting with organizing, planning, developing and completing projects or programs to specified performance goals.
- Assisting with the tracking of progress to financial, schedule, technical and/or new business performance objectives.
- Supporting proposal, market research, and new business development activities.
Required Skills and Education
- Pursuing a Business or Engineering Degree or related field of study.
- Requires good written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with the Microsoft suite of office products (Word, Excel, Outlook (e-mail), PowerPoint, etc.).
- Good problem solving skills and well organized.
- Skilled at preparing briefings in PowerPoint and Excel related to business and operations.
- Comfortable in front of a group and able to explain data and information.
- Prefer 2-3 years towards an Engineering Degree or related technical field of study.
- Work experience in a product development and/or manufacturing enterprise environment.
- Previous experience in project management
- Experience with MS Project
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair...just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Back to top