Program Finance Manager II
The BAE Systems finance organization is a trusted business partner delivering information and innovative solutions for decision-making in order to deliver quality products and capabilities to our customers and, ultimately, the warfighter. An experienced Program Finance Manager is sought to join the BAE Systems Combat Vehicles finance team to collaborate with the Bradley & Mobile Protected Firepower Program Director in support of developing, capturing and managing large, complexed programs across the portfolio. The BAE Systems Combat Vehicles Bradley & Mobile Protected Firepower portfolio includes design, development, production, refurbishment, and system technical support for large combat vehicle programs with various contract types (e.g. CPFF, FFP, FPI, OTA) and customer contract reporting requirements (e.g. Earned Value Management).
This position can be located in York, PA or Sterling Heights, MI.
Under limited direction, the selected individual will be responsible for:
- Developing relationships as a full business partner with respective Program Managers/Directors, supporting business area strategy and providing financial data and analysis for decision-making, including developing business case analysis, supporting proposal activity, analyzing make-buy decisions, and acting as the primary point of contact for all financial matters
- Providing financial and business support in shaping key market development and capture strategies, including but not limited to business case analysis, investment and planning, contract financing/cash flow plans, etc.
- Leading, mentoring, and developing an effective team of Program Finance Analysts
- Ensuring timely and accurate program financial analysis for large, complexed programs within the assigned business area, including detailed program Estimates at Complete (EACs) and related inputs for forecasting of financial statements, managing cash flow, and supporting Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR) and the Integrated Business Plan (IBP)
- Overseeing program earned value management reporting and processes across functions, including coordination with customers on associated EVMS contract deliverables
- Providing regular communication and presentation of financial data to senior leadership in an accurate, concise, and understandable manner
- Influencing the team to minimize risk and maximize return of program profit through management of financial salients and program execution
- Partnering with BAE Financial Planning & Analysis, Financial Accounting, Compliance, and Pricing and Estimating to ensure compliance with internal policies and procedures, Governmental regulations (i.e. FAR and CAS) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Other duties as assigned
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 10 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's Degree
- Strong analytical skills in understanding technical, cost and schedule requirements on complex proposals and programs
- Experience with project forecasting and analysis in a manufacturing and/or defense contracting environment
- Understanding of Cost Accounting Standards, Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Understanding of Earned Value Management System (EVMS) requirements and tools
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools
- Self-motivated with a bias for action, process/results oriented
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines, including working in a semi-structured environment with the skill to develop and implement new processes and procedures.
- Ability to effectively communicate and work with both technical and non-technical staff at all levels
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with diverse work teams
- Experience working in a matrixed environment, interfacing with high-level internal and external leadership
- Change agent, drives process improvements
- Experience in directing, training, and mentoring junior staff
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Platforms & Services designs, develops, produces, supports, maintains, modernizes and upgrades armored combat vehicles, wheeled vehicles, naval guns, surface ship combatants, commercial vessels, missile launchers, artillery systems, military ordnance, and protective wear and armor. Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top