Program Engineering Manager - Project Technical Lead
You don't see it, but it's there. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics -from saving emissions in the City of Lights to powering the Mars Rover to protecting the F-35 fighter jet. At Electronic Systems, you'll be among the brightest minds, working on the aerospace and defense industry's most difficult problems. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first -exemplified by our missions: "We Protect Those Who Protect Us®" and "We Innovate For Those Who Move The WorldTM." Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
In Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) solutions, you'll help develop systems that sense, control, exploit and disseminate actionable information to warfighters supporting a variety of missions.
We are seeking a Project Technical Lead (PTL - Engineering Manager) that will manage all aspects of the design, integration, test, and delivery of electronic communication systems. The position is located in the Wayne New Jersey area, and will require periodic travel to other BAE facilities and other customer sites
- Overall technical leadership of a project.
- Defines, generates, and reviews customer's project requirements and needs.
- Leads technical studies to refine project requirements.
- Monitors project to ensure work scope, schedule, and budget are well defined and maintained.
- Leads diverse teams in planning and executing programs per company and DoD process.
- Serves as the Engineering focal point for all activity within program including strategic planning, bidding new engineering content, creating the overall engineering development plan for successful completion , issue reporting and resolution development, and risk and opportunity management.
- Executes all efforts within a project (or multiple projects), including prime product development, test equipment, and interface with operations.
- Develops staffing requirements for the program while interfacing with functional engineering directors to ensure the program is adequately staffed and executed.
- Collaborates with Customer, Program Office and other project Leads.
Required Skills and Education
- U.S. Citizenship and ability to obtain a DoD security clearance is required
- 10+ years of Engineering Project Leadership experience
- Demonstrated ability to plan and execute a project
- Solid military and / or commercial product development experience
- 5+ years experience with design, development, and field testing of communication system for the US Navy, Army and/or US Air Force
- Active Secret clearance
- PMI Certification
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top