Program Engineering Manager - Leveraged Products
BAE Systems is seeking an engineering manager for our Leverage Products Group supporting our EW product portfolio. This engineering lead position is an excellent opportunity to further develop strategic and tactical skills for continued growth as an engineering manager. In this position you will have the opportunity to interface with engineers and project managers across multiple products, technologies, and business areas supporting continued growth within BAE Systems.
Primary responsibilities include leading key strategic initiatives for process improvement institutionalization, management of our multi-site collaborative environment, and facilitating our product platform strategy.
Responsibilities may include:
- Facilitate the engineering Capability Groups (CG) in maturing their effectiveness in support of the Business Area needs.
- Support oversight of the multi-site, collaborative EW research & development environment.
- Partner with Security personnel to ensure effective OPSEC and security protection of critical technologies and artifacts.
- Create / maintain a knowledge management environment to capture artifacts and technical information and promote its evolution through contributions from the technical community.
- Interface with Engineering, leads, and Operations management to capture and promote leverage process improvements.
- Support management of shared capital systems and test assets across multiple projects.
- Work with the Leverage Products Group management team to coordinate infrastructure needs (Office Space, Lab Space, Workstations / Servers, Developmental Tools, etc.)
- Manage and execute the Leverage Products Group budget across Capability Groups, Security, and other functions.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 10 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Required skills and experience:
- Bachelors degree and 10+ years of related experience
- Active Secret Clearance or have had one within the past two years that can be reinstated
- Proven leadership in product development of complex electronic systems.
- Demonstrated decision making and strong organizational skills.
- 5+ Years in Electronic Warfare Programs
- Practical understanding of EW systems and associated engineering technologies: RF, signal processing, SW, FW, etc.
- Process domain knowledge in the development and application of EW Systems.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top