Program Engineering Manager II
The Project Technical Lead (Engineering Manager) for BAE Systems Electronic Combat Systems team will manage all aspects of the design, integration, test, and delivery of electronic communication systems. The position is located in the Wayne New Jersey area, and will require periodic travel to other BAE facilities, including Nashua NH and other customer sites.
Job functions include:
- Technical oversight across the full life cycle of communication systems
- Understanding and developing technical discriminators for BAE Systems products
- Leadership of multiple engineering disciplines (Hardware, Software, Systems, and Test Equipment) to develop the correct technical solution and to meet program cost and schedule commitments
- Coordinate with Program, Operations, and Organizational leadership as required to ensure resources are provided to meet project needs and all information required for the organization to function is properly communicated
- Work with government customers and contracting partners
- Plan, mobilize, execute, and manage projects in the $10M-$40M range, typically with a 15-40 person multidisciplinary team
- Ensure engineering team adhere to all aspects of company policy with respect security, safety, export control, ethics and engineering rigor
Local candidates preferred. No relocation available for this position.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 15 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education Requires:
- Bachelors of Science in Engineering field and 15+ years experience
- Active DOD Security Clearance or ability to receive one
- Solid military or commercial communications experience
- Demonstrated ability to plan and execute a program
- Demonstrated ability to lead a multi-disciplinary engineering team
- Demonstrated ability to manage program risk and opportunities
- Demonstrated ability to achieve customer’s technical objectives while achieving cost and schedule
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrated expertise and involvement with technical programs and engineering product development
- Demonstrated success managing all engineering aspects of the design and development cycle: requirements definition, design, integration, test and delivery of complex communication systems. – Demonstrated experience with cost management (Prior Project Manager / Control Account Manager (CAM) experience, including managing earned value metrics, such as CPI and SPI)
- Practical understanding of engineering development methods and practices for all engineering disciplines.
- Demonstrated strong management and leadership skills.
- Proven strength in organizational and personal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Demonstrated decision making clarity in an ambiguous and uncertain environment.
- Proficiency using MS Office and MS Project. Preferred Skills and Education Preferred:
- Technical Leadership in communications
- Experience with US Department of Defense product development.
- Experience with design, development, and field testing of communication system for the US Navy, Army and/or US Air Force About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top