Program Engineering Manager
BAE Systems Survivability, Targeting & Sensing Solutions (STS) Engineering is looking for a mid-level experienced Product Technical Lead (PTL) with strong organization and project skills to work in Lexington, MA in support of Night Vision Sensor for Commercial and Military Products. This work includes coordinating engineering support to production on existing products and transition to production of next generation products. Additional responsibilities includes coordinating engineering support for internal BAE Systems projects in Lexington MA, Austin TX, and Hudson, NH. Engineering estimates, and proposal support for next generation development and commercial sales support and external customers are also required in this role.
Ideally this candidate will have a Hardware background and EO/IR experience is a plus. This position requires good communication skills and the ability to coordinate across engineering and other functional boundaries. This also requires communicating to the program office, management, and to internal and external customers.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelors of Science in Engineering or related field and 8+ years experience
- Active DOD Security Clearance or ability to receive one
- Solid military or commercial communications experience
- Demonstrated ability to plan and execute a program
- Demonstrated ability to lead a multi-disciplinary engineering team
- Demonstrated ability to manage program risk and opportunities
- Demonstrated ability to achieve customer's technical objectives while achieving cost and schedule
- Demonstrated expertise and involvement with technical programs and engineering product development
- Demonstrated success managing all engineering aspects of the design and development cycle: requirements definition, design, integration, test and delivery of complex communication systems.
- Demonstrated experience with cost management (Prior Project Manager / Control Account Manager (CAM) experience, including managing earned value metrics, such as CPI and SPI)
- Practical understanding of engineering development methods and practices for all engineering disciplines.
- Demonstrated strong management and leadership skills.
- Proven strength in organizational and personal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Demonstrated decision making clarity in an ambiguous and uncertain environment.
- Proficiency using MS Office and MS Project
- Technical Leadership in EO/IR or video systems
- Experience with Commercial and US Department of Defense product development.
- Experience with design, development, and production of EO/IR sensors
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top