Program Director II - CNS
The Director of Communications and Navigation Solutions (CNS) is a key member of the Electronic Combat Solutions (ECS) business area leadership team in BAE Systems’ Electronic Systems (ES) sector, reporting directly to the ECS VP-GM. BAE Systems is the world leader in electronic warfare, maximizing mission effectiveness and warfighter survivability. The dynamic, diverse ECS business area is an affordable and dependable mission systems provider, creating operational advantage to protect our warfighters. This role is based in Wayne, NJ.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing execution of the CNS product line and delivering profitable business growth while maintaining positive relationships at senior customer levels. The Director will take an active role in the development of new opportunities for the Company’s various solutions and offerings related to CNS, as well as leading strategic and financial planning and optimization in a very dynamic environment spanning multiple locations in New Jersey and Texas.
- Provide proactive leadership of multiple program managers and continually monitor program performance within the CNS product line to ensure that customer requirements and financial, schedule, technical, quality and new business performance objectives are successfully executed.
- Develop near and long-term business plans to support financial performance and growth objectives. Collaborate across businesses and functions to develop, influence and shape market strategy and leverage efforts to support growth opportunities and growing market share by building upon existing programs and expanding into adjacent markets.
- Cultivate strong relationships with customers and the Company’s senior leaders to ensure all customer needs and shareholder expectations are met.
- Align resource allocations, tailor process attributes and scope infrastructure capacity to support business area needs.
- This role demands engaged leadership skills and the ability to influence, shape and lead.
- Recruit, manage, develop and retain talent in the CNS organization. Take action and make decisions regarding personnel matters.
- Demonstrate alignment with the sector’s cultural principles and model safe and ethical behavior.
- Drive a zero defects mindset with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Ensure compliance with appropriate Company policies and procedures, especially those related to business execution and new business development.
- Travel is required and may be up to 25%.
Required Skills and Education
- BS degree in Engineering or Business related discipline plus at least 10 years of related business / program management experience and at least 15 years of experience overall (or equivalent combination of education and experience).
- Strong customer focus and demonstrated ability to build and manage relationships with large, complex customers. Ability to effectively communicate at all levels within the customer community.
- Business development mindset with in-depth experience in the development of growth strategies.
- Effective risk management skills.
- Proficient with developing program plans specifying goals, staffing, scheduling, identification of risks, contingency plans and allocation of available resources.
- Proven ability to lead with vision and to be decisive, influential and able to gain commitment to action.
- A focus on talent development and the ability to achieve results through others.
- Ability to simultaneously initiate, prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
Preferred Skills and Education
- MBA or MS degree in related field and / or PMP certification preferred.
- Program management experience in a Defense market environment.
- Experience managing a multi-site organization.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top