Program Control Analyst Principle
Develops plans including budgets and schedules to meet contractual/project requirements for an assigned major portion of a program in the Threat Management Solutions Product Line . Establishes and defines program plan requirements and performs in-depth studies to determine optimum program plans. Coordinates inter-departmental development of program plans and interfaces with vendors and customers. Monitors and reports performance against plans to ensure that contractual, cost and schedule objectives are met.
II. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Participates in the control of costs and schedules on contracts requiring validated cost schedule control system.
2. Identifies and analyzes variances from negotiated and agreed-upon parameters and government cost control guidelines. Recommends and implements corrective action in conjunction with the Program Manager.
3. Reviews and analyzes requests for proposals and prepares proposals in accordance with estimating policies; analyzes historical program performance data to develop schedule and cost estimates in response to requests for proposals.
4. Develop independent Estimate at Complete (EAC) and assess reasonableness of contractor's EAC.
5. Assure consistent application of earned value and business processes; coordinate earned value and EAC reviews, integrate, analyze and report program performance against plan; monitor, analyze and report weekly and monthly earned value and financial information.
6. Plans, analyzes and reports on cost, sales, income, bookings, backlog, manpower, material and other related data; conducts Program Management meetings and reviews for program personnel, Business Area Management and customers as needed.
7. Utilize historical and projected data to perform trend analysis and Earned Value Management variance analysis.
8. Incorporates contractual changes into control systems by staying aware of outstanding work against each other in order to maintain realistic contract cost and schedule baselines.
9. Identifies and recommends improvements to processes, practices or materials which lead to positive results in quality.
10. Act as leader over a group of financial personnel providing technical direction, establishing priorities and coordinating all activities within the assigned areas.
11. Receives limited direction. Exercises considerable judgment in determining objectives and approaches.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Power Point, Oracle, Cobra, Hyperion, ProjectData and Pro-Pricer
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top