Program Control Analyst
Assigned specific programs and develops program plans and monitors program performance against cost and schedule goals. Analyzes and reports variances to the plan and prepares salient forecasts for review by finance and program management.
- Develops program plans and performance measurement reports which satisfy company and customer requirements for program status and cost collection.
- Utilizes program planning systems to monitor performance. Identifies implication of schedule variances and suggests appropriate work-around recovery plans. Develops time phased expenditure plans.
- Utilizes and adapts automated data collection and reporting systems and techniques to monitor program spending against the plan and current forecast. Revises forecasts to reflect variances.
- Analyzes program status and prepares data to provide up-to-date Estimates to Complete (ETC) and Estimates at Completion (EAC).
- Forecasts program sales, income, cash flow, backlog, manpower and facilities requirements. Ensures accurate compilation of program data in the business unit forecast.
- Analyzes and revises program EAC when changes occur in the company overhead and other burden rates, and reports impact.
- Participates on or contributes to process / quality improvement teams and / or initiatives. Identifies and recommends improvements to processes, practices, and materials which lead to positive results in quality. Supports and implements performance driven changes in processes and procedures.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Sound interpersonal skills (organization, time management, etc...)
- Strong demonstrated command of Microsoft Office skills, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Demonstrated ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Make decisions using sound judgment while complying with policies, procedures, appropriate principles and applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
Preferred Skills and Education
Earned Value Experience
Experience with Hyperion and Oracle
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top