Program Analyst- Mid
The scope of the job duties includes providing program/project management support of defense acquisition programs. The analyst will collect, organize, and analyze information required for program management reports; briefings; studies; and analysis using general program/project management processes/principles. In addition, the employee will provide technical expertise in areas relative to individual programs.
Work requires effective communication and working within team environments to develop, analyze, and implement program/project documentation, schedules, budgets, risk management, and acquisition strategies in the management of defense programs across their lifecycles within the DoD defense acquisition system framework.
Specific experience supporting the following categories of defense products is desired:
- AAS = Anti Armor Systems
- ICE = Individual Clothing and Equipment
- IW = Infantry Weapons
- OS/NLS = Optics and Non-Lethal Systems
- RAR = Raids and Reconnaissance
- Assists in life cycle cost analyses of programs and/or cost benefit and economic evaluations of current or projected programs; evaluates the effectiveness of program plans and task execution in meeting established goals and objectives
- Performs complex analyses of data relative to the program
- Researches and investigates the need for, and impact of, changes in project scope; develops and implements changes as needed
- Develops and maintains program documentation and technical reports, conducts assessments and communicates results
- Contributes to the evaluation, analysis, and development of recommended solutions.
- Monitors program progress and customer satisfaction; provide periodic status reports as needed
- Analyze new or proposed legislation or regulations to determine impact on program operations
- Monitors program funding obligations and expenditures
- Facilitates efficient communication and program support between the client and external agencies
- Prepares program correspondence as needed
- Stays current on advances in technology and incorporate new technologies into procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Knowledge of DoD 5000, acquisition, logistics processes and requirements
- Bachelor's Degree and up to 3 years related experience or minimum of 6 years related experience without a degree
- Military/government experience helpful, but not required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Power Point, Project, SharePoint, Outlook)
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Active security clearance or the ability to obtain clearance within 30 days of date of hire
- Other Desirable Qualifications
- DAWIA Level II Program Management/DAU Coursework toward certification
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Information Solutions, based in Reston, Virginia, is among the 10 largest IT providers to the U.S. government, serving most of the federal defense and civilian marketplace. It provides network-centric command, control, computing, and intelligence (C3I) solutions; wideband networking radio systems; information systems for the U.S. intelligence community; geospatial information services; and information technology services. Leveraging its knowledge of signals and data derived from signals, Information Solutions has attained a market-leading position in advanced information technology research, intelligence analysis and production, and geospatial exploitation software. People are the greatest asset in any Company.
BAE Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top