Production Operator II (Coating Technician)
I. PRIMARY FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
• Apply various conformal coating type to assembled circuit board using automated machines and spray guns.
• Application, inspection and removal of tape and masking material.
• Perform some mechanical assembly.
• Read and follow instructions that require great attention to detail.
• Perform rework and touch ups on completed products.
• Ability to read and follow work instructions and blueprints.
II. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Duties and responsibilities which occupy a major portion of time and importance in the job. Incumbent(s) perform one or more of the following duties.)
Modifies, fabricates and builds equipment and subassemblies working from layout diagrams, schematics, wire prints, work instructions and verbal instructions. Aligns and joins parts into housing using hand and power tools.
2. Installs components and parts on chassis, circuit boards, panels and other units using power tools, hand tools and various soldering equipment. Routes and attaches wires and connectors to form circuitry and electrical assemblies.
3. Performs intermediate assembly tasks such as potting, encapsulating, cleaning, coating, epoxy bonding, wiring, stamping parts and assemblies.
4. Wires various wire cable assemblies to both inside and outside chassis. Assembles and attaches functional and cosmetic hardware such as caps, clamps and knobs using hand and power tools.
5. Installs finished assemblies and subassemblies in cases or cabinets. Performs touch up painting of cabinets prior to shipping.
6. Mounts equipment in cabinets or on shelves in vans, ships and test beds using detailed work instructions.
7. Performs other related duties as assigned.
A. Physical Tasks
Exerts frequent physical energy. Lifts and carries objects up to 25 pounds.
B. Working Conditions
Environmentally controlled production areas. May work extended hours or weekends. May work second or third shift.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS PREFERED:
To operate machinery tooling and tools to modify, fabricate and build basic components and subassemblies.
Required Skills and Education
High School Diploma or GED and 1 Year of related expereince
Experience with various conformal coating types for assembled circuit boards using automated machines and spray guns.
Knowledge of mechanical and circuit board assembly and ability to read and follow instructions and blueprints that require great attention to detail.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top