Production Operator 3
- Assembles electronic components, assemblies, subassemblies and modules by working from samples, visual aids, prints, wiring lists and diagrams, routing instructions and process sheets using appropriate tooling and machinery. Assembles parts using fasteners in the build-up of electronic assemblies. Verifies results to ensure conformance with requirements and performs rework as needed.
- Performs mechanical assembly operations in the build of electronic assemblies using standard measuring tools and techniques.
- Performs electronic assembly operations such as wire termination, and installation of wire harness, cable assemblies, relays, transformers, capacitors, resistors or other electronic components.
- Performs hand soldering of surface mount and thru-hole components and inspects all work to specified workmanship standards.
- May cross-train other assembly positions.
- Participates in and supports continuous improvement activities.
Minimum Education and Experience High School diploma or equivalent plus five (5) years relevant experience Required Skills and Education Requires a active Security Clearance
Requires a High School diploma or equivalent plus five (5) years relevant experience, or an Associate’s Degree in Electronic Engineering Technology or equivalent and three (3) years related experience. Must be able to obtain applicable workmanship certifications to applicable standards.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top