Production Cntrl/Matl Planner I
To apply knowledge of and experience of manufacturing activities, and the scheduling/control of those activities to ensure the effective completion of contractual requirements. Generally operates with considerable latitude for actions and/or decisions working under minimal supervision.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education To apply knowledge of and experience of manufacturing activities, and the scheduling/control of those activities to ensure the effective completion of contractual requirements. Generally operates with considerable latitude for actions and/or decisions working under minimal supervision.
II. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Duties and responsibilities which occupy a major portion of time and importance in the job. Incumbent(s) perform one or more of the following duties.)
1. Plans, prepares, issues and controls production schedules and material requirements to ensure a controlled flow of approved materials timed to meet production requirements.
2. Identifies raw material and component requirements to production from engineering and production specifications and schedules.
3. Advised management of the status of work in progress, material availability and potential production problems to ensure that personnel, equipment, materials and services are provided as needed. Schedules equipment and personnel, confirms material supply and demand, prepares work orders or purchase requests for the production or purchase of components or parts based on a master production schedule, shop lead and inventory requirements.
4. Coordinates interdepartmental activity with QA, Procurement, Programs,Engineering and Contract Administration.
5. Ensures Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) System integrity and accuracy by reviewing system data and updating/correcting as necessary.
6. May lead other department personnel in resolving problems to minimize production workflow impacts.
7. Coordinates development and dissemination of contract required documents/reports and represents department at program/project meetings. Reports may include Line of Balance (LOB) charts, MS Project schedules and monthly milestone charts for production.
8. Analyzes production requirements and processes to determine required capacity and shop loads.
9. Develops and maintains schedules to support proposal and/or contract requirements. Interfaces with other department personnel to resolve problems and provide training as required.
10. Establishes production priorities and prepares production forecasts.
Preferred Skills and Education Typical Related Experience: 4 plus years related experience (In addition to the items listed above, the Essential Functions are:
1. Exercise discretion and independent judgment in the performance of duties set forth in Section II above.
2. Communicate effectively both orally and in writing;
3. Exhibit sound interpersonal skills involving interfacing, coordinating and negotiating with company personnel, customers and suppliers;
4. Utilize computer skills to prepare appropriate reports and documents;
5. Make decisions using sound judgment while complying with policies, procedures, appropriate principles and applicable state and federal laws and regulations;
6. Analyze, evaluate, develop and implement processes and systems within budget and adhere to time requirements and schedule;
7. Design and develop products and services About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top