Product Test Engineer I
- Fort Wayne, IN
This is a 2nd or 3rd Shift position.
Troubleshoot failed circuits to component level and disposition repair procedures. Designs, develops, and implements testing methods and equipment. Strong with analog and/or digital electronics and embedded systems. Capable of using more advanced troubleshoot tools like the logic analyzer, boundary scan, and on-chip debugging. Provides test area with parameters for sample testing and specifies tests to be performed. Compiles data and defines changes required in testing equipment, testing procedures, manufacturing processes, or new testing requirements
• Maintain compliance to all aspects of Safety
• Proactively maintain a safe working environment
• Comply with audits
• Play an active role in assisting the team to meet quality objectives
• Promote a culture of 100% quality
• Maintain consistently high quality QD documents
• Takes part in quality investigations, including RCCA and 7-Steps, as determined by the QCE
TEST PROCESS EFFICIENCY
• Provide direct feedback to build and design processes
• Define and troubleshoot tooling
• Eliminate bottlenecks
• Increase utilization of test equipment
• Reduce inventory and maximize turnaround time
• Create, maintain and improve work instructions (e.g., test plans, OSOPs)
• Review and approve engineering changes
• Collaborate with other Process Owners to meet test process efficiency and compliance goals collectively
• Take park in ongoing collaboration regarding best practices and strategies
• Identify and communicate training needs and skills gaps in the teams, carrying out training and coaching as necessary.
"Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship or Permanent Resident status"
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's Degree
- US Citizen or Green Card holder
- Enter FAA mandated Anti-Drug Pool. Subject to random drug testing.
- Exposure to Lean Manufacturing essential
- Intermediate-level technical skills and knowledge of technical requirements and system flows skills relevant to job / area of work
- Electronics troubleshooting (analog, digital)
- General understanding of electronics manufacturing process
- Ability to interpret technical specifications
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top