Product Test Engineer
BAE is seeking a Product Test Engineer in our Fort Wayne location.
At BAE Systems, we deliver a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. If you are an individual that enjoys a cohesive team environment and is interested in a variety of challenges across a variety of products, then we are interested in hearing from you!
In this role, you will provide product test definition and support to Fort Wayne (FTW) Air Transport (AT) Operations organizations; including product test yield continuous improvement leadership. Provide electrical design engineering support while coordinating activities with the Endicott Design organization and establish one's self as the focal point contact in Fort Wayne during critical product investigation and/or qualification activities on assigned products/processes.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintenance of engineering procedures (to include functional test requirements), providing engineering leadership, analyzing, improving and controlling product test yields using six-sigma methods; providing engineering interpretation of engineering procedures, drawings and specifications to ensure production assemblies remain in compliance to both internal and external customer requirements; and collaborate with Quality Engineering on suspect non-conformances utilizing MRB procedures and practices.
- Provide the engineering interface between offsite HW Design engineering and onsite Production Test engineering with a Lean Manufacturing/DFSS mindset to strive for defect reduction, while improving the product test yields and overall throughput of the final product and its subassemblies.
- Provide design engineering support during the development and integration phases on changed or new product development projects.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent and minimum 2 years experience.
- Electronics troubleshooting (analog, digital)
- Demonstrated ability to investigate complicated electronics to RCCA.
- Demonstrated statistical process knowledge and use of statistical techniques.
- Ability to interpret functional test requirement specifications.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience using test and analysis instrumentation (spectrum, bus and logic analyzers, digital oscilloscope, etc.).
- Proven technical skills across a broad spectrum of test equipment and software languages.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top