Product Technical Lead (Engineering Manager)
- Wayne, NJ
You don't see it, but it's there. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics - from saving emissions in the City of Lights to powering the Mars Rover to protecting the F-35 fighter jet. At Electronic Systems, you'll be among the brightest minds, working on the aerospace and defense industry's most difficult problems. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first - exemplified by our missions: "We Protect Those Who Protect Us®" and "We Innovate For Those Who Move The World." Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
Electronic Combat Solutions (ECS) has technology, engineering and program teams that educate and mentor colleagues to deliver leading Electronic Warfare capabilities. We welcome all those who have big ideas, crave innovation, want to drive fielding velocity and have the passion to bring the warfighter home safe.
BAE Systems Electronic Combat Systems (ECS) is looking for a Product Engineering Manager (PEM) for our Electronic Warfare (EW) Programs leading project teams in order to achieve successful program execution. This role will be responsible for planning, staffing, budget, schedules, scope management, risk and opportunity management, and team coordination. You will coordinate with program managers to ensure all customer needs are met and will manage all aspects of the design, integration, test, and delivery of our EW products.
The position is located in the Totowa, New Jersey area and will require periodic travel to other BAE Systems facilities, including Nashua, NH and other customer sites.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities :
- Engineering focal point for all activity within the projects including strategic planning, bid and proposal support for engineering content, engineering strategy and integrated plans on programs, engineering staffing, issue reporting, and risk and opportunity management.
- Provide overall project technical leadership; plan, execute, and manage all engineering efforts within the project.
- Partner and collaborate with program managers, functional engineering managers, and factories to ensure program goals, requirements, and needs are understood and achieved.
- Monitor project plans and execution to ensure technical and work scope requirements, schedule, and budget are well defined and maintained.
- Ensure engineering efforts are planned and executed in accordance with company policies, procedures, processes, and best practices. Provide the coordination between the engineering team, functional managers, and Product Line Engineering Directors, to ensure all necessary reviews are conducted and approvals are received.
- Ensure project and product safety are managed in accordance with company policies, procedures, processes, and best practices.
* Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's Degree and 8+ years of professional Engineering experience
- Minimum 2 years leading Engineering efforts on Department of Defense (DoD) programs (EW Programs highly preferred)
- Proven leadership managing projects and interfacing with customers
- Have the ability to obtain a Secret level security clearance
- 4+ years experience supporting Electronic Warfare Programs
- Hold an active Secret security clearance
- Experience leading $10M+ EMD and/or Production programs
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top