Product Technical Lead (Engineering Manager)
BAE Systems Electronic Combat Systems (ECS) is looking for a Product Technical Lead (Engineering Manager) for our Electronic Warfare (EW) Programs leading project teams in order to achieve successful program execution. This role will be responsible for planning, staffing, budget, schedules, scope management, risk and opportunity management, and team coordination. You will coordinate with program managers to ensure all customer needs are met and will manage all aspects of the design, integration, test, and delivery of our EW products.
The position is located in the Totowa, New Jersey area and will require periodic travel to other BAE Systems facilities, including Nashua, NH and other customer sites.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for execution of all efforts within the project, including prime product development, test equipment, and interface with operations.
2. Provides technical leadership of a project within the programmatic guidelines set by the program manager and customer. Defines, generates, and reviews customer's project requirements and needs. Leads technical studies to refine project requirements.
3. Monitors project to ensure work scope, schedule, and budget are well defined and maintained.
4. Leads team in planning and execution per company process. Provides the coordination between functional managers and PRG leads and ensures all necessary reviews are conducted and approvals are received.
5. Serves as the Engineering focal point for all activity within program including strategic planning, bid and proposal support for engineering content, integrated engineering plans on programs, issue reporting, and risk and opportunity management.
6. Develops staffing requirements for program and interfaces with functional engineering organizations to ensure program is adequately staffed and executed.
7. Ensures project safety per company practices, processes, and policy.
8. Driving continuous improvement of product team
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 10 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- U.S. citizenship and ability to obtain/maintain a Secret security clearance is required
- Bachelor's Degree and 10 + years of professional Engineering experience
- Minimum 2 years leading Engineering efforts on Department of Defense (DoD) programs (EW Programs highly preferred)
- Proven leadership managing projects and interfacing with customers
Preferred Skills and Education
- 4+ years in Electronic Warfare Programs
- Active Secret clearance
- Experience leading $10M+ EMD and/or Production programs
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top