Product Support Program Engineering Manager
BAE Systems is looking for a Product Support Program Engineering Manager. The primary focus of the position is focused on the Military Engine Systems Products and Programs . Establishes and manages an effective team to support commercial/military aircraft aftermarket programs to meet established cost, schedule and technical requirements. Leads the technical product support activities on proposals. Works with the program manager and relevant support functions on the execution of assigned projects and programs.
This position will report to the Engine Systems Market Program Manager with Fort Wayne as the primary location and Endicott as the secondary location. If the position is performed from the Endicott location then the travel could be 15% – 40% to support customer and inter-site needs.
The role will also be responsible to identify Aftermarket Services that will result in Sales and Revenue for BAE Systems. This involve visits to Customers to promote aftermarket services, leading new business capture opportunities and conducting “Request for Bid Approvals” (RBA’s) internal to BAE Systems.
Key Functions of this role:
1. Lead technical interface activities with airline and Maintenance Repair and Overhaul customers to ensure lifecycle technical support from proposal through obsolescence management.
2. Lead technical support inputs for new product proposals.
3. Lead new product Entry Into Service projects including Product Support Agreements compliance, new and
ongoing customer data and Component Maintenance Manuals development, and customer communication and training.
4. Lead initiatives to grow sales and reduce costs such as: overhaul development; component exchanges; product upgrades and technical insertions; modifications; warranty, loan, and exchange solutions; and intellectual property protection.
5. Lead field reliability reviews and root cause and corrective actions including engineering changes and Air Worthiness Directives, Service Letters, and Service Bulletins development.
6. Represent the business in industry conferences, standards development, working groups, and accident investigations.
7. Ensure compliance to Product Assurance Agreements for fielded products.
8. Support the development of test and repair capability budgets and plans.
9. Support customer Initial Provisioning conferences
10. Support product catalog management including obsolescence forecasting/retirement planning Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 12 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering and 12 + years work to include 10+ years of relevant work experience in the support of commercial aircraft technology.
1. Ability to lead development of reliability solutions such as Engine Control and FADEC overhauls, including compelling business cases for customer marketing
2. Ability to lead creation of commercial and military offerings, including compelling business cases for internal resource allocation and proposal approvals
3. Requires demonstrated experience in exercise of discretion and independent judgment in the performance of duties
4. Strong communication skills to communicate technical and business information both orally and in writing
5. Exhibit sound interpersonal skills involving interfacing, coordinating and negotiating with company personnel, customers and suppliers
6. Strong computer skills
7. Willing and able to travel 10% to support customer and inter-site needs. Preferred Skills and Education Master’s degree in Engineering or Business preferred.
PMP Preferred. About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top