Product Safety Engineer
BAE Systems is seeking a Product Safety Engineer for our Endicott, NY location.
The successful candidate will need to review engineering analysis and testing to demonstrate safety requirements have been fulfilled in the areas of flight controls and hybrid motor vehicle applications. The candidate will be responsible to document how a design is compliant with safety related requirements by referencing artifacts developed by the design team. These investigations can include all aspects of hybrid vehicle systems, components, and related equipment in motor vehicles of all classes.
The candidate shall be self-motivated to organize meetings with the development staff for identifying hazards, safety concerns and possible mitigations.
The ideal candidate will have a vast knowledge of the theories, principles, practices, and techniques of engineering as demonstrated by experience in testing, investigative process, and failure analysis.
This candidate will also possess detailed knowledge of Standards and of Hazard Analysis techniques such as MIL-STD-882E and ISO26262
- Develop, implement and maintain BAE Systems Product Safety Process
- Follow BAE Systems Safety process to generate Safety cases for BAE Systems products.
- Generate Safety plans tailored for each program that identifies the Safety requirements for successful design completion.
- Prepare and present oral briefings, conduct meetings, and actively participate in discussions as required to promote Safety.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- The ideal candidate for this position is a moderately experienced Engineer (Bachelor's degree - EE Preferred) who has a thorough understanding of High Voltage and High power application as seen on Hybrid electric vehicles.
- The candidate should possess 10+ years of relevant experience.
- Master's level degree with 12-15 years of experience in a related field of Product/Systems Safety
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top